3.25.2011

friday faves and a big thank you

This week I wanted to wish a huge thank you to the doctors and staff at the Ottawa Heart Institute for saving my father's life.  A roller coaster week with lots of ups and downs he has gone through emergency coronary heart bypass surgery but is on the road to recovery.  I am amazed at the skill and talent of the surgeons and nurses - they truly are special people.♥  Needless to say I am a bit behind on my sewing but I did manage to complete a spring top (it was started before) and above is a little fabric bunting bin...I like the colors they remind me of spring coming!

I have been thinking about heart healthy eating lately and find these sites to have excellent and inspiring recipes:
the huge organic chain Whole Foods recipe section is amazing...the one pot meals are very appealing!


Chocolate & Zucchini :  I picked up Clotilde Dusouliers' book in the library a while back and was intrigued..her recipes are very interesting with a touch of France added to them.  Nice combinations of ingredients.

and I always like to check in with Gone Raw for some neat raw food recipes...i think i will try the raw brownies soon....

sue♥

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sue, lots of love to you and your father as he recovers. My dad had surgery there in 1999, so I know what it's like. The doctors there are absolutely amazing!

    Take care,
    Tania xo

    ReplyDelete

love for you to share...