4.14.2011

budget girls room!

You know those "high/low" features in design magazines?  Well, I usually ignore the "high" version and go straight to the low ($3000.00 for a light fixture? seriously? - i think not!).  I find inspiration and try to do better ( we are on a budget and bargain always means better!).

We did a switch at our house where my daughter took over her brother's bedroom.  There were dirty brown walls, lots of patching and painting to do to freshen it up and make it pretty.  So with my daughters help I am proud to say we did it all and with a modest budget.  Here is the LOW down:

paint - Benjamin Moore "White Dove"  $55
faux leather stool - Bouclair Home  $30
Duvet- Bed, Bath and Beyond  $30 (I normally don't buy "bed-in-a-bag" deals but this was to good to pass up and provided a graphic black and white element)

lack shelf - IKEA (already had - just lowered it to use as vanity table)
dresser - thrifted and painted white dove by my parents
knobs on dresser - Michaels -dollar bin..yep gray striped and polka dot ceramic knobs cute!
wall decals - dollar store
turquoise pillow on bed - dollar store
small black and white pillow - yardage from Rockland Textiles - LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabric!
space plannning - interior designer sister-in-law (free)  thanks Tasha!
...so for about $ 100.00 an entire room makeover and update!
vanity made from Lack shelf-lamp decal dollar store


thrifted dresser painted white dove
love this graphic black and white fabric with the turquoise!

...I love doing these makeovers....if you are doing any let me know - I would love to see your ideas!

this took two entire days to do...so i won't do a friday fave this week...have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Curious to know how the Dollar Store decals are! Good quality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Dollar Store decals are quite good! ..surprising what you can find there sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

love for you to share...