4.22.2009

Martz Lamps


I bought these lamps at a garage sale a couple of years ago. I was immediately attracted to the clean lines and huge drum shades (those babies are hard to find these days). They have pottery bases with a small walnut finial on the top of each lamp. Being curious I researched the name etched on the bottom of each lamp which was Martz. I found more information here at Jetset Designs. Gordon and Jane Martz were a married couple who founded Marshall Studios in the 1950's-60's, a ceramic studio which produced mainly lamps. I love finding the history of secondhand items. I felt really lucky to find these and I like the warm glow that comes from the linen like shades - CFL's just don't cut it with this type of lamp. Does anybody else like to research where secondhand items come from? I would love to know about interesting items you've found!

No comments:

Post a Comment

love for you to share...