4.23.2009

A Patchwork Pouch


Well, I finished a patchwork zipper pouch. I didn't think to compensate for the seam allowance in each fabric piece so I ended up adding another fabric on the bottom and one little strip on the side to go with my pattern (let's just call this a "creative" mistake). I like how it ended up...this opens a whole new world for me! All the fabric choices out there! I was thinking of making some in organic cotton too however price is an issue and it's hard to find local sources. The fabric used in this pouch is from the "Manzanita" (evergreen shrub) collection by Joel Dewberry. Pop on over to Katie Jean who inspired me at See Katie Sew. She is running a fabulous giveaway to celebrate her birthday and you have until April 27th to enter...don't wait too long! Thanks again Katie!

3 comments:

  1. looks great! Love the way it turned out

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pouch is very cute! I really like your fabric choices and the zipper pull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I think I will be addicted to making these now...

    ReplyDelete

love for you to share...