4.11.2010

super soft and cosy

A baby blanket all packaged and ready to go with a sewn little owl tag...details below
Here is a little baby blanket I finally finished! I wanted to try and work with minky but this was way cuter - minky like fabric with small embossed hearts. The gray fabric is a soft flannel type of fabric. I found this quite hard to sew as it ended up being quite thick to go through the sewing machine. I would love to know if anyone has any advice on how to deal with this problem. I gave up sewing a decorative edge around the corners because of the thickness issue. I wanted to keep this one simple and in non-traditional colors. Maybe one day I should try my hand at a quilt...just worried about the thickness factor.

1 comment:

  1. That little heart fabric is soo cute! Agreed, cuter than minky!

    ReplyDelete

love for you to share...